NYFAC was launched by five families out of a small house in Queens, New York in 1999. For over two decades we’ve been passionate about supporting families and our community.
NYFAC’s mission is to facilitate growth, independence and empower people with developmental disabilities and their families to lead full lives.
Empowering the people we support and their families remains at the heart of our agency. Through government partnerships we deliver a range of services that are individualized, and person-centered.
Our team has grown to over 100 people and support adults and children with autism and other developmental disabilities. Our commitment and passion for our work continues to unite our employees and drives us forward.
- Ronald J. Colavito, CEO
- Evelyn Magdaleno, Director of IDD Operations – NYC
- Angela Woods, Corporate Compliance Officer
- Maude Rosado, CFO
- Carmine Luongo, Finance Director
- Mary Rendeiro, IDD Community Service Director
- Thomas Schacor, IDD Community Services Assistant Director
Board of Directors
- Thomas J. Buchanan – Chairperson
- Liz O’Halloran – Vice-Chair
- Mitzi Ambrose Washington – Secretary
- John Finneran – Treasurer
- Todd Kelson – Immediate Past Chair
- Patricia Bassey
- Melissa Dewitt
- Daniel Hulse
- Cheryl Sanza
- Richard Smith
- Frank DeSiervo
- John Guattery
- Frank Hariton
- Glen Heller
- Cheryl Marsh
- Matt Searles
- Carmel Vobis
- Jonathan Gatsik